The Municipal Asset Management Program (MAMP) has launched a call for applications for partner grants. Grants will be to provide asset management training, knowledge and education on best practices and awareness building activities for elected officials and municipal staff.
FCM will be funding up to 90% of eligible project costs. This amount is to ensure that municipalities, operating with revenues that have been severely impacted by the pandemic, can access training at the lowest possible cost. Projects will focus on activities to help groups of municipalities learn and advance their asset management practices, including the integration of climate considerations.
Learn about eligible activities, who can apply, deadlines and how to apply below.
What kind of initiatives do we fund?
We offer grants to partner organizations who provide asset management training, including technical assistance and awareness building activities, and the development of resources that increase understanding of asset management within local governments.
Funded initiatives will take place between March 2022 and November 2023. This grant is informed by our program’s guiding principles. Based on these principles, preference will be given to applications for initiatives that will:
- deliver one or more technical assistance, or awareness building activities, and possibly include the development and mobilization of a related knowledge product to a regional or national audience;
- maximize access to activities and benefit to the community at the lowest cost possible to participants;
- integrate climate considerations into all asset management activities, adapting the level of integration to the target audience;
- demonstrate collaboration amongst organizations and leverage expertise, best practices, and lessons learned within the sector;
- leverage knowledge products and content that already exists to the extent possible (e.g. existing guides, templates or handbooks);
- contribute to MAMP providing access and coverage to municipalities in all jurisdictions across Canada;
- provide capacity-building support and content that is accessible and appropriate to all municipalities, regardless of size, capability, geography or stage of adoption of asset management practices.
Who can apply?
Grants are available to registered and incorporated Canadian not-for-profit non-governmental organizations, including:
- Provincial and territorial municipal associations
- Communities of practice
- Professional and industry associations
- Educational institutions
Eligible organizations must have a mandate to support municipalities, or have experience supporting the municipal sector in Canada, in addition to delivering training and knowledge sharing activities. Preference will be given to those with experience specific to asset management and climate change programming.
Municipalities working in a consortium with an eligible organization may also apply.
Organizations can subcontract organizations to deliver activities, including for-profit entities.
Note: These grants are not available directly to municipalities. Learn more about Asset Management grants for municipalities.
How do I apply?
Email MAMP to request the Call for Application (CFA) package, which includes:
- Municipal Asset Management Capacity Building Partner Grants document
- Glossary of terms
- Excel-based budget and workplan template
- Tip sheets: Approaches to technical assistance and making your initiatives approachable, accessible and appealing
- Instructions and link to the submission platform: Submittable
Applicants will need to respond to the call using an online platform, Submittable. To take the pre-eligibility quiz, ask a question or to submit your application you will need to create a free Submittable account (or sign in if you have an existing account). Please do not use Internet Explorer 11 to access the Submittable website.